“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.” (Matthew 28.19-20).
• is a response to God’s gift of faith
• is a public profession of faith in Jesus Christ as the Saviour of the world
• is the first of the Sacraments of Initiation
• is the basis of the Christian life
• is a new birth into a life in the Spirit
The Effects of Baptism:
• unites one to Christ as a disciple
• gives a new life by rebirth in the life of the Spirit
• confers the forgiveness of sins
• makes one a son or daughter of God
• incorporates a person into the Church as a member of the Body of Christ,
• gives a share...